Guitar | Bass | Keyboard | Microphones | Mixers | Audio Interfaces | Sequencers & Software Plugins | Live Sound & PA | Drums | Club & DJ | Accessories | Blowouts

Anybody used Sony's Vegas as a sequencer?

The three of these together make a complete audio/MIDI/video/ creation and editing suite

Moderator: Tweak

Anybody used Sony's Vegas as a sequencer?

Postby wikkidperson on Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:17 am

And if so, what was your experience of it? It's working well for me. Just wondered how many have used it.
wikkidperson

Postby Blue Bear Sound on Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:31 am

I use it for video editing (alongside Final Cut Pro)... it's nowhere near fully-featured enough for audio production (although it's fine for video)...
Just in case you didn't notice, this place has sadly died due to spam overuns and a total lack of Admin upkeep.
But feel free to sign up at http://www.recordingstudiocentral.com where we've started fresh!

bruce valeriani - mix engineer
Blue Bear Sound
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Location: Canada's capital................... (no that's NOT Toronto, skippy!)

Postby Neil Parfitt on Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:26 am

Nothing touches it for corporate dialogue editing.. just the speed and real-time nature of it's cutting and xfade tools make it an amazing peice of software. It's still very under-rated in that aspect.
Neil Parfitt
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Postby jar4ever on Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:05 am

Yeah, I wouldn't use it for music production. But I love it's ease and speed of editing. It's great for voice over stuff, commercials, that sort of thing. Really, the only big reason it's not good for music is the lack of MIDI. Other then that it can multi-track record, run VSTs in real time, full automation, etc.
jar4ever
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Postby RichoRosai on Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:48 am

Not that my hat means much, but just to throw it in, I use it exclusively. I fell in love with its intuitive interface and have never been able to justify anything else (not that I could afford rebuying anyway).
Last edited by RichoRosai on Sun Apr 22, 2007 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RichoRosai

Postby Anathorn on Sun Apr 22, 2007 11:24 am

I'm using it for video editing too but as mentioned above I can't really seem to think of it as a good sequencer. Midi, vsti's, plugins ...
Anathorn

Postby Viz on Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:11 am

Another guy who loves Vegas for video which its meant to do first :D
Viz
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby Tweak on Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:24 am

I spent a few years using Vegas as a remix application with Waves plugins.
I'd mix a song in Logic PC, dump to vegas, and start chopping, moving, effecting.

I've also used it as a sound effects creation tool, jumping in and out of soundforge.

Great fun! It worked really fast too, unlike the more modern Soundtrack Pro, which hypes itself as being a great effects creator, but in reality can't keep up with an inspired moment.
Tweak
Resident TweakHead
Resident TweakHead

Return to Acid, Vegas and Sound Forge