Guitar | Bass | Keyboard | Microphones | Mixers | Audio Interfaces | Sequencers & Software Plugins | Live Sound & PA | Drums | Club & DJ | Accessories | Blowouts

Noob looking into Soundforge or Wavelab

The three of these together make a complete audio/MIDI/video/ creation and editing suite

Moderator: Tweak

Noob looking into Soundforge or Wavelab

Postby LukeQuietus on Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:57 pm

So I recently downloaded a trial of ACID Pro 6 and imediately had a problem with the MSQL$MEDIAMNGR (or something like that) so I can't use any of the samples or loops which I installed from the website. So now I'm thinking of either Sound Forge 8 or Wavelab 5 but Sony's website says the MSQL error happens wih alot of Sony progs on Vista due to Registry problems and so I'm put off slightly now that it happened once. My question is a two parter:
1) Has anyone had this MSQL$... problem on Sound Forge and maybe a good fix?
2) Would the following specs be enough to run Sound Forge or Wavelab?

SPECS:
E-Sysyem 1201 Laptop (Less than a year old)
Intel Pentium Dual CPU T2370 @.73GHz
1GB RAM
Realtek HD Audio @ 24 bit 48000 MHz Approx.

Anything further required please ask.

Much Appreciated
LukeQuietus

Re: Noob looking into Soundforge or Wavelab

Postby aww-de-oh on Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:55 am

Hi Luke,
sorry to hear you're having problems. I have never used ACID Pro or any of Sony's music programs. That said.. MySQL & SQL (or Structured Query Language) is a programming language. Usually found on the server side of things. It's mainly used for moving data and tables and such. Not sure why you're having SQL problems running a sound program. Question:
Did you get the error when downloading the program?
or- did you get this error when you had the program already installed and in the middle of using it?
If it's the latter, then my guess would be that since this is a demo program, it is tied to an online database requiring internet connectivity while using the program. (which would kinda suck since you shouldn't be online while recording)>> Either that or it's gotta phone home every so often to tell the host how long it's been installed for (since it is a demo, it will expire after a certain timeframe) and tries to keep tabs on the software to keep a lookout for pirates.

I know, it's probably not the answer you were looking for (if that counts as an answer?), but that's my two cents..
---------------- <<NEW ANNOUNCEMENTs>>
http://www.studio-central.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=107&t=83370
http://www.studio-central.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=107&t=83405
i'm/we are not responding to questions at this forum any more.
If you need help, head on over and register at http://www.recordingstudiocentral.com/

SEE YOU AT THE NEW HOME OF STUDIO CENTRAL!

-ᵜᵜᵜᵜᵜᵜᵜᵜᵜᵜᵜᵜᵜᵜᵜᵜᵜᵜᵜᵜᵜᵜᵜᵜᵜᵜᵜᵜᵜᵜᵜᵜᵜᵜᵜᵜᵜᵜᵜᵜᵜ-
DIY Bass Traps w/Cutouts +Gobo | ҉ ͘͘Simple DIY Bass Traps͘ ҉
aww-de-oh
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: Noob looking into Soundforge or Wavelab

Postby Blue Bear Sound on Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:55 am

I run Sound Forge 9 on an audio DAW from 2001, using Win 2K.... it's flawless. But I've also installed it on my studio office PC (yes, you can legally do that!) - a new HP Pavilion with Vista - and it's works flawlessly just like it does on the control room machine.

You may want to try re-installing or contacting Sony for support.
Just in case you didn't notice, this place has sadly died due to spam overuns and a total lack of Admin upkeep.
But feel free to sign up at http://www.recordingstudiocentral.com where we've started fresh!

bruce valeriani - mix engineer
Blue Bear Sound
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Location: Canada's capital................... (no that's NOT Toronto, skippy!)

Return to Acid, Vegas and Sound Forge