Guitar | Bass | Keyboard | Microphones | Mixers | Audio Interfaces | Sequencers & Software Plugins | Live Sound & PA | Drums | Club & DJ | Accessories | Blowouts

Voyager VS Little Phaty ?!?

Bob Moog designed some of the 1st synthesizers. Minimoog, Prdigy, Taurus, MemoryMoog, Rogue, Micromog, Source, and More. Moog has released some of its classic synths in modern form, such as the Moog Voyager, Lil Phatty, and others.

Moderator: Tweak

Voyager VS Little Phaty ?!?

Postby Sinmad on Wed Jul 05, 2006 1:35 am

Im guessing that the Little Phatty only contains basslines from the Voyager. Is it just an offspring of the real thing? Will one benefit from purchaing both?

ohh and is it true the Little Phattys are gonna go out of make?
Sinmad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby jar4ever on Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:14 am

They have all of the same componits as far as sound creation. The Little Phatty is just smaller and doesn't have a sepperate knob for each function. You instead have one knob doing multiple things and you have to select it's function. So you are really paying for better controls and the x/y pad on the Voyager. No real reason to get a Little Phatty if you can afford and want a Voyager.
jar4ever
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Postby Sinmad on Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:49 am

Nice..

Cant afford one yet, but hey, y would i pay for the phatty when i can hold on to that scratch, save up and purchse the big king it self.

Though the shopkeeper was saying how the phatty could work as an investment.
Sinmad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby jar4ever on Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:00 am

I haven't heard of anything about the Phatty being limited, but Moog does have a tendancey to do that. But if you want to actually get the synth to play it then I'd get the Voager, much easier to be expressive and add little nuances with it. The Phatty would be fine if you just wanted to control it with MIDI.
jar4ever
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Postby saemskin on Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:39 am

the first batch with the special side panels are limited.
That's all.
saemskin
Gold Member
Gold Member

Return to Moog Synths and Modules