Guitar | Bass | Keyboard | Microphones | Mixers | Audio Interfaces | Sequencers & Software Plugins | Live Sound & PA | Drums | Club & DJ | Accessories | Blowouts

Little Phatty (Stage Version)

Bob Moog designed some of the 1st synthesizers. Minimoog, Prdigy, Taurus, MemoryMoog, Rogue, Micromog, Source, and More. Moog has released some of its classic synths in modern form, such as the Moog Voyager, Lil Phatty, and others.

Moderator: Tweak

Little Phatty (Stage Version)

Postby Sinmad on Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:11 pm

I’m seriously considering getting one.. but there’s a few things I would like to know before I make the purchase.

1) Can it be used with cubase as simple as you would a soft-synth?
Like can it just be connected via midi and selected on cubase or is there more to it since its hardware?

2) Is the little phatty just for bass or does it contain other sounds as well?

3) I’m looking to purchase the Voyager in the long run. Is the little phatty a smaller version of the voyager?
Will I get more familiar with how the voyager works and sounds by using the little phatty beforehand?

Also...

4) Will the Stage version be discontinued like the Tribute one?

Sinmad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby jar4ever on Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:15 pm

1. Yes, it has MIDI I/O. It would work just like any other hardware synth. You can record MIDI data from it and send MIDI data to it to play it back.

2. It doesn't really 'contain' certain sounds. It has oscillators and filters (among other things) that allow you to 'sculpt' sounds. It can do much more then bass type sounds.

3. It has the same general sound generating parts as the Voyager, I believe that is does use some different filters and probably has less options. The biggest difference is that the Voyager has a knob for each control where as the Little Phatty uses multi-use knobs. The Voyager also has more features other then that.

4. I'd guess the stage version is the permanent one, with the tribute being the limited edition. But I don't really know.
jar4ever
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Postby Sinmad on Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:05 am

nice 1.. thanks.

long as it isnt limited edition.. then i can wait a bit longer.
Sinmad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Return to Moog Synths and Modules